Helpful Sites for Civilians
- Civil War Women, primary sources such as letters and diaries from Civil War Era women.
- The Atlantic Guard Soldiers' Aid Society, Patterns, advice and how-to's for civilian reenactors.
- Tin Types, A collection of CDV's, photos of women.
- Civil War Tresses, a site about Civil War Hairstyles.
- Wisconsin Historical Society, Photos of original garments, mostly children's clothing.
- The Sewing Academy, A forum dedicated to sewing period clothing.
- Great Auntie Maude's Compendium, Articles about clothing and reenacting for beginners.
- The Civil War in Arkansas, includes short regimental history of the 3rd Arkansas and roster list.
- 3rd Arkansas Infantry, includes photos, letters and short regimental history of the 3rd Arkansas.
- The Story of the 3rd Arkansas at Gettysburg, an article from Gettysburg Magazine.
- The Confederate Receipt Book (Full Text)
- Confederate Coffee Substitutes, recipes from newspapers.
- Civil War Cooking, A blog with a lot of Civil War Era recipes and history.
- Directions for Cooking by Troops in Camp and Hospital, Reprint 1861, A manual written by Florence Nightingale during the Crimean War. It was reprinted during the Civil War for use in hospitals.